Hardwood floors will last forever with proper care. Wicks Wood Floors, Inc. uses the most advanced floor finish, so your hardwood floors are virtually maintenance free. Regular cleaning of your hardwood flooring helps keep floors free of dirt, grit, food crumbs and dust, which are potentially damaging to wood floors. Below are a few important tips to help insure long lasting, brilliant floors.
- Wood floors should be cleaned once every one to two weeks.
- Remove wet spills promptly using a soft cotton cloth.
- Never damp mop a wood floor.
- Do not use wax, oil soap, vinegar or other household cleaners on your hardwood flooring. These products can dull the finish and make future cleaning and re-coating difficult.
- Wicks Wood Floors, Inc. highly recommends using professional wood floor cleaning products such as BonaKemi (link) floor care and cleaning products.
Preventative Maintenance goes a long way toward protecting your hardwood floor and helping it look great for a lifetime of enjoyment. Follow these important tips:
- Use mats or throw rugs at entrances and heavy traffic areas.
- Avoid rubber-backed or other non-ventilated rugs.
- Install “EZ-Glide” protectors on feet of furniture. Never slide furniture across flooring.
- Avoid walking on the floors with high heels or cleats.
- Regularly trim your pet’s claws.
- Use a humidifier in the winter months.
- Wicks Wood Floors recommends recoating your wood floors every 2-3 years. Recoating should be done when your floor begins to show wear. A recoat will quickly rejuvenate the floors resilience.
- Refinishing your wood floor is recommended when floors are show high wear patterns.
Newly Finished Floor Care
The following is recommended care for your newly finished floor.
Wait 4 to 6 hours before walking on wood floors with stocking feet. After 24 hours you may walk on the floor with soft sole shoes.
- Wait 4 to 6 hours before walking on wood floors with stocking feet. After 24 hours you may walk on the floor with soft sole shoes.
- Allow 48 hours before moving furniture back on hardwood flooring. Install EZ-Glide protectors on feet of furniture. Do not drag furniture or appliances on flooring.
- Allow 48 hours before allowing pets on the hardwood flooring.
- Area rugs may be placed on hardwood flooring after 7 days.
- Avoid cleaning your wood floors for 7 days.
“I just wanted to drop a note about your crew and the outstanding performance on our floor project over the last few days. They are to be commended for their politeness and professionalism. …Your company will be recommended by myself and my wife to anyone wanting this type of project.”
“Everything looks great. I would refer customers at a heartbeat with no reservations.”
“Mike – My stairs look beautiful and you have very excellent, hard-working employees. Thanks!”
“Dear Mr. Wichert
We recently had the wood floors of two rooms refinished, and I wanted to let you know how happy we are with the result and the entire process. From the scheduling with Carrie, to the actual sanding/stripping process and finishing, I was very impressed with the level of expertise, courtesy, cleanliness and efficiency.
Certainly the finished result will be visible to us for years to come, but just as important, I wanted to point out how satisfied I was with the people that were responsible for the work. Often times that gets overlooked, and I wanted to acknowledge each of their efforts. You have a great team, and I will be happy to share my experience with anyone who has flooring needs in the future.
“We have our beautiful wood floor in the living room from Wicks and show it off proudly always telling friends and family about your company.”
“Love Everything! Great Staff – Keep it up! Thanks”
“Beautiful work. Employees were fabulous!”